I was planning on writing a 2016 wrap up post, but then I came across this survey created by Jamie @ Perpetual Page-Turner and it’s awesome, so here we go 🙂
Number Of Books You Read: 104
Number of Re-Reads: I don’t really keep track of books I re-read, but I might start now. I don’t think there were more than 10.
Genre You Read The Most From: young adult and nonfiction
1. Best Book You Read In 2016?
I’ll pick two, for best fiction and best nonfiction:
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
In both ways:
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
I push people to read every book I love, but they don’t usually listen 😦
5. Best series you started in 2016? Best Sequel of 2016? Best Series Ender of 2016?
Captive Prince trilogy is the answer for all those questions.
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2016?
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
I don’t usualy read books on psychology, but I read Obedience to Authority this year and it was really good. Scary, but good.
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
The Secret History by Donna Tartt
9. Book You Read In 2016 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
Probably the biography of Elon Musk: Elon Musk: Inventing the Future by Ashlee Vance.
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2016?
I read Saga graphic novels this year and their covers are pretty awesome.
11. Most memorable character of 2016?
Henry from The Secret History
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2016?
Call Me By Your Name by Andre Aciman
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2016?
Elon Musk: Inventing the Future by Ashlee Vance
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2016 to finally read?
The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2016?
I’m tempted to make a post just about all the quotes I loved in 2016. For now, here’s one:
“How you live your life is your business. But remember, our hearts and our bodies are given to us only once. Most of us can’t help but live as though we’ve got two lives to live, one is the mockup, the other the finished version, and then there are all those versions in between. But there’s only one, and before you know it, your heart is worn out, and, as for your body, there comes a point when no one looks at it, much less wants to come near it. Right now there’s sorrow. I don’t envy the pain. But I envy you the pain.”
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2016?
Fracture me by Tahereh Mafi: 52 pages
War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy: 1424 pages
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
The Secret History did this quite a few times.
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
Definitely Laurent and Damen from the Captive Prince trilogy
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
I liked the friendship between all of the main characters in The Outsiders.
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2016 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy, I previously read Anna Karenina. Both books are amazing.
21. Best Book You Read In 2016 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
If I Was Your Girl by Meredith Russo
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2016?
Henry from The Secret History
23. Best 2016 debut you read?
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2016?
Books rarely make me cry, but We Were Liars came close
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
The Fifth Child by Doris Lessing
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
Never let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2016?
The Secret Histoy (I just keep repeating answers)
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
I loved it, btw.
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2016?
(Over)Analysing Literature is amazing, but it hasn’t been active in a few months.
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2016?
Whenever I look back on my reviews, I hate the way I wrote them. But I’ll say my favorite is the review for Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, because I was so excited while writing it.
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
The Outsiders: Book vs Movie
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
Definitely Dewey’s Readathon!
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2016?
Notreally a moment, just generally going back to book blogging and enjoying it more than ever before.
6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?
Keeping up with Netgalley books – I request way too many.
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
In 2012, I wrote a review of The Enemy’s Cosmetique by Amélie Nothomb and every year this post gets more views than any other. It’s not even a well-written review, it’s just a few thoughts about the book and I’m tempted to reread the book and write a proper review, so all the people who are looking for it at least have something good to read.
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
The Outsiders: Book vs Movie
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
I can’t think of anything new here
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
I completed the 2016 Goodreads Reading Challenge with 104/100 books read 😀
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2016 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2017?
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2017 (non-debut)?
Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
3. 2017 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
Because You Love to Hate Me: 13 Tales of Villainy
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2017?
I can’t believe this myself, but I can’t think of any sequels I’m waiting for.
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2017?
Write more non-review posts.
6. A 2017 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
Havent’t read any yet 😦