Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is: unusual character names.
1. Sherlock – I love Sherlock and I love his name. I wonder if there are any real people named Sherlock?
2. Frodo from LOTR – one of my favorite names. Much better than ‘Maura’.
3. Seregil from The Nightrunners series – the characters in fantasy books usually have unusual names, but there isn’t enough space for all of them on this list.
4. Zero Kiryu from Vampire Knight – his name is Zero! It’s unusual and awesome!
5. Echo from Pushing the Limits – It’s weird but very pretty.
6. Hermione from Harry Potter series – it took me ages to learn how to pronounce it.
7. Katniss from The Hunger Games – I don’t really know why, but I think it fits her.
8. Alaska from Looking For Alaska – she picked her own name and she picked well.
9. Huckleberry Finn – I didn’t know how to pronounce this one either, but at least he has a short nickname.
10. Ponyboy from The Outsiders – weirdest name ever. Why would you call someone that?